Labels are emerging (AB, Ecolabel), groups are gathering (Colibri, Gretha Thunberg), together with new non-profit associations (AMAP, Oasis). Our school keeps a close eye on such news and engages children to be environmentally friendly everyday.
We see daily actions for a better life in order to serve our personal well-being or the people around us, to protect the environment, or to maintain a company sustainable. These three areas define the scope of B-Corp. And that’s what we strive to set up in our schools.
How Do We Implement a B-Corp School?
- From the start, we chose an expert in sustainable, recycled, chemical-free and local materials : Odile DU FOU. The roof renovation and the walls insulation foster a low-energy school.
- Food comes from two organic and local providers.
- Uniforms are made of organic cotton.
- We recycle all waste with the use of colored bins to help children identify each type of elements.
- On our 1350 sqm ground, we offer a pedagogical famr and a sustainable garden.
- Three days of trainings per year are mandatory to all our team members.
- Their revenue is decent and increases every year.
- Decisions are made together after consulting each member.
- Daily schedules are fair according to their transport mode.
- We encourage intergenerational and local exchanges.
For a sustainable activity, we gather various specialists in management, human resources, administration, and finance.
- The Entrepreneurship Network in the Yvelines
- Montessori school directors nearby
- The Maria Montessori Institute of France
- Local municipalities
As soon as we reach profitability, usually after two to three years of activity, we will open applications for scholarships.
Actions for our Pupils
As in any implementation of a new habits, we go through small changes in our daily lives. Some actions may be time-consuming and less economical. But they allow us to reflect on our way of consuming and meeting our needs.
These efforts require self-reflection and creativity. All what children aim for!